Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 4

I'm feeling decent today. Did some good research at lunch, so I have a better idea of some foods I can eat. Plus figuring out kind of in what order to eat them to have days of feeling great all day.

For breakfast this morning, I grabbed the last baggie of the omelette muffins and topped em with salsa at work, plus about 3/4th of a banana. Midmorning today I had some almonds and unsweetened applesauce. Lunch today was pretty simple. I made a big salad of romaine (cause I had it...) and tomatoes, with Zesty Italian Light (not Paleo), topped with solid white albacore tuna, and a side of a cup of dark chocolate Almond Milk...YUM! My afternoon snack was raisins.

Dinner deserves it's own paragraph. I got to thinkin today about how I am seriously going to burn out on Spring Mix salad and tomatoes. So I KNOW I need to add in more veggies, and I decided to start with the mighty bell pepper. I've honestly NEVER tried a bell pepper. Don't laugh, it's true. I guess I'd always thought of them as a PEPPER, so spicy. But a friend convinced me that they aren't at all. I've also never been to Sprouts before, until tonite. I'd been told it was the best place to get veggies, so D and I hit it up after I picked him up. And WOW! I'm impressed. Got meat, veggies, some fruit, almond milk, etc. And really didn't spend much. I branched out a bit more (though haven't cooked them yet) and got spaghetti squash, sweet potatoes, etc.

Back to the bell pepper...YUM! D and I polished off half of a red one with our salad tonite...lol I made italian chicken (chicken breast sauteed in a skillet with some zesty italian light dressing), plus a spring mix salad with tomato and sticks of red bell pepper and light ranch. It was delicious, and while it doesn't sound like much, this really does open new worlds to me! So it may sound silly to some, but I'm excited. And finally, this evening, I had a thin slice of provolone (dairy, I know), an apple, and some 100% juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment