Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day Two

Today was an off day as my little man is sick so I had to stay home. It was pretty tough, considering we had to go get my son some antibiotics (he has strep), and on the way home, I kept thinking we needed to stop somewhere for food. But...I kept reminding myself that there WAS food at home. Over and over and over...reminding myself...lol

I think for now, I'm going to consider it a perfect day if I can steer clear of all bread/grain/pasta. Again today, I did add in some dairy and a bit of sugar, and I'm content with that. Once I get used to this, I'll tighten it up more.

Ok so...breakfast today was a banana. After the hospital visit, I had two scrambled eggs, two slices of turkey sausage (I'm saving the leftover omelette muffins for work the next two mornings), and a spring mix salad. For an afternoon snack, I had some unsweetened apple sauce. Dinner was a big salad with tomato, and a slice of cheese. This evening, I had some more diluted juice. I have a feeling that salad is going to be a MAJOR item on the menu for the next few weeks as I navigate this!!

On a side note, I have had a nasty headache this evening. It feels like a caffeine headache and I wonder if its due to carb withdrawal. It's interesting though, to see how my body reacts to this new diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment