Monday, October 25, 2010

Let's see how long this lasts

I've been hearing about the Paleo diet a lot lately, and my trainer sent me info on it with info about it supposedly helping with the none too kind Aunt Flo. Well, I decided to give it a try, at least for 30 days, which will put me to the day before Thanksgiving (yes, that was on purpose). My motivation is...well, to GET some motivation. And I figure if I go hardcore for awhile, it will be easier to stick with it. Maybe this will give me some much needed energy that I've been lacking for awhile. I definitely feel sluggish all the time with my high fat, high carb diet and I can NOT get out of it!

So the basics of the Paleo (aka Caveman) diet. I can have oils (no transfats), lean meats, nuts, seafood (yuck), fresh fruits and veggies, and eggs. No sugar, no carbs, no fun.

HOWEVER...I'm allowing two additions. Hence, the Not So Paleo name. I will be allowed Zesty Italian Light dressing, esp if I'ma be eating lots of veggies...and iced tea. Mama needs her caffeine!! lol I won't be having sweet tea though. Just my usual morning glass of iced tea with sweet n low. I'm ok with that much artificialness.

Let's see how this goes! I can't say I'll be perfect at this. A) I so rarely cook, that this will take some adjustment. B) We're used to lots of fast food. Yeah, I'm not gonna be perfect but I'm aiming for 80% compliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment