Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend survival

It was quite the interesting weekend, esp with it being Halloween. I survived it though. I'm glad that I have kept dairy and some sugar in, as having that outlet, made it easier to abstain from bread, pasta, rice, potatoes (aside from sweet potatoes), cookies, chips, etc. I still have had none. Go me! (I did have some candy yesterday, probably more than I should have, but it was halloween...)

Saturday was a pumpkin carving party, and it was potluck. I knew that would not go well for me, so I planned ahead, and fixed a lunch to take of turkey sausage, sweet potato fries, and red bell pepper strips. I had a string cheese before we went. All of that held me over just fine and I was able to resist all the goodies! It ended up being a long time after that before I ate dinner and my blood sugar dropped, so I had a small dumdum sucker to help that. Dinner was fun. We joined friends at Genghis Grill. It really was easy to say no to the starch. I filled up my bowl with beef, some sausage, carrots, broccoli and green beans, with some stir fry sauce. Delish!

For Halloween, I cooked us a good lunch of steak (beef loin tri tip) and scrambled eggs with a salad. And then had a banana before we headed to a fall festival. The protein from lunch held me over for a LONG time. After the festival, we first stopped at Sonic. And I was SO tempted to get something, but really...there is nothing there I can eat. Except the chicken from a grilled chicken sandwich...or a salad. That's no fun. So we ended up at Jason's Deli. I had a cup of broc cheese soup (dairy), and then a big salad with light ranch (more dairy). Throughout the evening, I did have some candy from D's halloween stash.

Overall, this weekend, I did struggle, but I feel like I pulled through it just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment