Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 22

So, this morning was my official 3 week weigh-in. And I'm happy to announce that I am down 14.4 lbs! Woohoo!! I bet it would go down even faster if I were to tighten up on the dairy and sugar in dressings, but for now, I'm good with this.

I've also been getting some really good feedback from D about all this. Last week, he was excited about coming home to eat. Over the weekend, when we went to my grandma's, he asked if I was going to help cook. I told him that, no, it's usually already cooked by the time we get there. And then I asked him if he likes how mommy has been cooking lately, and he goes "Yeah! So are you gonna help cook?" And then this morning, he asked if we could go pick something up to eat after I picked him up from afterschool care. I said "No, remember, we're going to come home and make pork chops and guacamole" He said "Oh I think that's a great idea!" I'm loving seeing him come right along with this new change, rather than resisting it. He's eating the majority of what I cook, and that is definitely more motivation to keep this up!

Ok on to food today. Breakfast was a banana and a few strips of bacon. Mid morning I had some almonds. Lunch was a sliced tomato and a can of tuna. This afternoon, I had an apple. Dinner tonite was pork chops, baked sweet potatoes with some butter, and sliced tomato (can you tell I ADORE tomatoes, at least the hothouse ones, and fresh ones from East Texas). We were going to make guacamole but it wasn't ripe yet. So we wait on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment